Weekend Mass Times at St Joseph's Nambour
- Saturday Vigil at 6.00 pm.
- Sunday 7.00 am and 9.00 am.
Weekend Mass Times at Palmwoods
- Fourth Sunday of each Month except December at 5.30pm
- We gather at St Augustine's Anglican Church, 13 Hill St, Palmwoods.
- Bring something for a shared meal afterwards.
- No Mass Christmas Day. See St Joseph's times.
Proposed Masses to be held at Yandina during 2014The Eucharist will be celebrated on these Sundays:
- 2nd February
- 4th May
- 13th July
- 2nd November
Christmas Mass Times at St Joseph's 2013
- 24th Dec, Tuesday evening Vigil at 6.00 pm. This Mass will be held at St John's College Multipurpose Centre, Perwillowen Road, Nambour.
- Midnight Mass at St Joseph's Church.
- 25th Dec, Wednesday Christmas Day 8.00 am. only
Advent Liturgies 2013
- Penitential Liturgy, Thursday, 12th December, 7.00pm
- Individual Reconciliation:
- 9.30am Wednesday 18th December.
- 10.30am Wednesday 18th December.
- 4.30pm Saturday 21st December.
- 8.30am Monday 23rd December.
Reconciliation Liturgy for Lent 2013 will be held on Wednesday 13th March at 7.00pm.
Stations of the Cross will be held on the Fridays of Lent beginning Friday 22nd February at 8.00am.
Individual Reconciliation for Easter
- Saturday 23rd March 10am-11am
- Saturday 23rd March 4pm-5pm
- Wednesday 27th March 9am-9.45am
- Wednesday 27th March 10.30am-11am
Holy Week Liturgies at St Joseph's 2013
- Holy Thursday 28th March:
- Mass of the Lord's Supper at
- Good Friday 29th March:
- Stations of the Cross: 10.00am
- Celebration of the Lord's
- Easter Vigil Mass 30th March:
- 7.00pm. The Service of Light with the Easter Fire.
- Easter Sunday Masses 31st March: 7.00am and 9.00am.
Location of St Joseph's Parish and School
A special Liturgy of the Word is provided for children during
the 6.00pm and 9.00 am Masses at St Joseph's, except during School
Volunteers take the children from the beginning of Mass and they return to their families for the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
Weekday Mass Times
- Monday 8.00 am.
- Tuesday No Mass
- Wednesday 10.00 am. (On the first Wednesday of each Month the Anointing of the Sick is celebrated.) This followed by a social gathering for Seniors in the Community Centre.
- On first Thursday of month at Nambour Nursing Home at 11.00 am
- On second Thursday of each month at Sundale Nursing Home Chapel at 11.00 am
- Friday 6.30 am.
Ukrainian Catholic Rite
Mass is held at 4.00pm on the Second Sunday of each month at St Josephs.
For details contact the Ukrainian Catholic Parish of Our Lady of
Protection in Brisbane:
Administrator: Fr Stefan Sapun. Parish Priest: Fr Jarko Pasok, Tel/Fax (07) 3391 6004
Assistant: Fr Danilo Novak, Tel/Fax (07) 3391 7243
Sr Cecilia Fystor SSMI, Tel/Fax (07) 3391 7007.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
- First Rite:
Wednesdays: 9.30 am (before the 10.00 am Mass)
- Second Rite:
Sacraments of Initiation
Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.
Please contact the Parish Office for details. 5441 1034.
Or you may follow the relevant links on the right for further information.
Sacrament of Marriage
Please contact the Parish Office six months in advance and make an appointment.
You can download a wedding application form here:
Information about Pre-Marriage education programs conducted by
Centacare can be found HERE
A guide to preparing the Wedding Liturgy can be found on the Embrace website: Wedding Liturgy Planner
What is Marriage in the Catholic Tradition?
Look up information about Marriage on the website of Catholic Australia: Marriage.
Planning a wedding? Check the following link for a diagram of the seating of the Church.
Information from the Marriage Tribunal regarding Marriage Annulments in the Catholic Church can be downloaded on this PDF file: Marriage annulment
ColumbariumThe Parish has two Columbarium Walls and Memorial Wall. For information about the Columbarium you can download the brochure here:
Welfare Agencies in NambourDetails of seven agencies offering help to those in need can be found here: WELFARE AGENCIES
We now have a list of people who have made themselves available
to do odd jobs (replacing tap washers, light bulbs, etc) as well as
So, if these types of jobs get beyond you due to illness, age or any family difficulty, please just pick up the phone and call the Parish Office on 5441 1034.
"Companions"Would you like to gather a group of people to share a meal and prayer? Several families do it already.
This is a simple way of sharing our faith and supporting one another in it.
It also helps us to be aware of our baptismal vocation to share the Gospel.
You can download a suggested format here (sorry, no receipes!):
Prayer for Home Meal Gatherings
You are invited to register on the Parish Census.
Please download the Census Card
You are also invited to become a member of the Planned Giving
A Pledge Card can be downloaded here:
- Office Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
from 8.30 am to 2.00 pm.
Phone: 07 5441 1034.
Fax: 07 5441 7632
- Liturgy Committee: Maureen Murphy
- Liturgical Music: Darlene Malone
- Servers: Carmel Donohue & Maureen Murphy
- Readers: Barbara Krebs
- Eucharistic Adoration: Carmel Donohue
- Liturgical Art & Environment: Joan Pobjoy
- Communion to the Sick: Mary Juratowich
- Funeral Hospitality: Linda McCorley
- Children's Liturgy: Fiona Simm
- Baptism Ministry: Rosanna Tumelty
- Sacramental Program: Rosanna Tumelty
- RCIA: Darlene Malone
- Ecumenical Ministry: Joan Pobjoy
- Rosters: Lynette Pursell & Annette Baker
- Helping Hands: Jan Imarisio
Parish Priest: Fr Graham Gatehouse PP.
Hospital Chaplain: Fr Patrick Chukwu.
To contact a priest in an emergency please use the 24 hour answering service: 07 3836 3221 and leave a contact number with the operator.
Other AgenciesThe following can be contacted directly:
- Outside School Hours Care: Debbie Healy 5441 7646.
- St Vincent de Paul Shop in Rigby Street, Nambour, Mary Barker, manager.
- St Joseph's Parish School: Principal Ms Margaret Pont. Phone: (07) 5441 3508
- St John's College: Principal Mr Chris Gold. Phone: (07) 5441 5666. The College is an Archdiocesan owned and run school.
- Centacare Catholic Family Community Services has a counselling service each week in the Parish. Inquiries can be made by ringing the Maroochydore office (07) 5479 4755.
St Joseph's Community CentreThe Rooms of the Centre are available for Parish activities and others on application.
Please phone the Parish Office 5441 1034.
Check the Booking calendar on this link for availablility-
Community Centre Booking Calendar
The Ryan RoomThe Ryan Room (In the Fr Sylvester Ryan Building) is available for Parish activities and others on application.
Please phone the Parish Office 5441 1034.
Check the Ryan Room Booking calendar on this link for availablility-
Ryan Room Booking Calendar