PARISH ONLY1. The Parish collects personal information, including sensitive information about members of the faithful.
The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable it to administer the sacraments and pastoral care to the faithful, and often to children of the faithful. Information may be required to allow the Parish to meet some of its legal obligations, provide care for children while under supervision and discharge its duty of care. If you reside in the Parish or otherwise continue to use its services, the information may also be used to solicit donations and/or request your services as a volunteer from time to time.
2. The Parish from time to time discloses personal and sensitive information to others for administrative purposes.
This includes other Parishes, the diocese, medical practitioners and people providing services to the schools including volunteers.
3. If we do not obtain the information requested, we may not be able to administer the sacraments.
4. Personal information collected from children is disclosed to their parents or guardians.
Parents or guardians may seek access to personal information collected about them and their son/daughter by contacting the Parish (St Joseph's PO Box 569 Nambour 4560, ph: 5441 1034)
5. Adults may also seek access to information collected about them in the same manner.
6. As the Parish is largely reliant upon locally raised funds and local effort for its continuation, information received from those who reside in the Parish or avail themselves of its services may be used to solicit donations and other forms of support from them. On occasions it uses the resources of the Archdiocese to support this process and in the course of this, information is made available to those people. We will not disclose your personal information to other third parties for other fundraising purposes without your consent.
1 February 2002